Saturday, March 5, 2011

What We Ate This Week

Taco Ring with Green Salad
What We Ate This Week Feb. 27-March 5

Well this was a busy week for me....I had baking orders for 8 loaves of bread, 10 dozen cookies, and Italian Creme Cake and 2 chocolate sheet cakes. That doesn't include the eight loaves of bread that I made just for us to eat...some of that went in the freezer folks, but I sold a couple of loaves and I gave a couple of loaves away!

Last Saturday I went to one of our local grocery stores that was running a fantastic sale on eggs, breakfast sausage and milk. I stock up on all those things and ran across about 4 lbs of ground beef on the clearance for $.99 a pound. This became the basis for 4 of our meals this week!

Now when I know that I am gonna have a busy week I try to double up on meals....the first 2 lbs of meat was browned and seasoned with taco seasoning...and became our meals for Sunday and Tuesday. The remaining meat was browned with onions and peppers and became the meals for Monday and Wednesday. This made my life lots easier and supper with fast and easy to throw together for this busy Mama!

I also found out on Tuesday that my company that didn't come a couple of weeks ago was coming in to spend all day Friday and until about noon today with us.....I of course cooked lunch for Friday and offered sandwiches for dinner that night! So I was very busy this week not only in the kitchen but also getting my house presentable for company. I am lucky to have a hubby that will pitch in and help as needed!

Sunday - Tacos, chips and hot sauce

Monday - Spaghetti, Whole Kernel Corn, Garlic Bread, Green Salad

Tuesday -Taco Ring, Green Salad

Wednesday - Beef and Rice Casserole, Green Beans, Salad

Thursday - Rotisserie Chicken, Buttered Noodles, Green Salad

Friday -German Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Home style Green Beans, Green Salad, Homemade Bread, Triple Berry Cobbler with Ice Cream

Saturday - Left Overs and Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment