Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taco Ring

Taco Ring...YUMMY!

Now I learned this recipe once upon a time when I sold Pampered Chef. It was my favorite recipe to demonstrate then and I still enjoy making it now! Taking pictures for this post reminded me of all those times I stood up in front of a room full of strangers and showed them how to cook with all the cool products that Pampered Chef sells! I still have many of those items in my kitchen today....if fact some of them are finally wearing out....it's about time have a party!!!

This is one of those super simple recipes that can be made in a jiffy and my little girl just loves to help!

You will need....
Round baking stone or pizza pan
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese
2 rolls crescent rolls

Now I have used both a baking stone and a metal pizza pan...both do fine...if you use the pizza pan be sure to spray it with oil !
Open one can of your crescent rolls and lay them out with the fat ends toward the center of your pan.


Open second can of crescent rolls and lay over the top of the first. Press down inner ring to seal together.

Mix ground meat, taco seasoning and cheese together. and mound around center of ring....a scoop packs this in and makes it a little less messy...but you are gonna cover it up anyways...so as long as it get on there who cares!

Fold all the pointy ends in toward the center of your ring. Then use your hand to tuck the edges in with the excess meat. Once everything is tucked in pull your ring out toward the edge of your pan.

This is what it should look like when you are done. Now I just put mine in the oven at this point. BUT if you want to fancy it up a bit you could take a sharp knife and you see those spaces where the meat filling is showing...you slip a slice of tomato in there before you bake it.


Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce! Yummy! (oh I used a paper towel to soak up the grease that collected in the center of the ring when I removed it from the oven!

Another pretty it up tip. Place a bed of lettuce in the center of the ring with a hollowed out red bell pepper filled with your sour cream. Super cool presentation factor!

Hope that you enjoy!
God Bless,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment