Friday, February 25, 2011

German Meat Loaf

Yummy German Meat Loaf

This is by far my favorite meat loaf recipe ever....it is not over powered by veggies, it is just a little sweet, a lot savoy...and amazingly it doesn't give me heartburn. My 6 year old daughter and 13 year old sister tear this recipe up....I have to hide the left overs (so that I can make sandwiches of course!)
I hope you enjoy!

Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

German Meat Loaf

1 1/2 lb. ground beef (sometimes I increase this if we are having company)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 cup crushed crackers (normally I use saltines....but Ritz work in a pinch)
1 beaten egg
4 tbsp. Catsup

Mix all ingredients well and put into a 9x13" pan. Pour sauce over meat and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours! (if you use a smaller pan this needs the full time listed in the recipe...however I have found that if you use a 9x13" pan you need to reduce the time to 1 hour)

Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup catsup
Bring to a boil in a small sauce pan. Pour over Meat loaf before baking.

Now this is also a great recipe to put in the freezer! I have made multiple batches before and placed what I wanted to go in the freezer in a gallon sized Ziploc bag, just be sure and place the sauce in a separate bag. Label both and it is good to go!

I hope that you enjoy this wonderful recipe!
God Bless,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment