Monday, January 31, 2011

Flexibility

OK Folks...this is what I was talking about last night....flexibility with your menu plans. I went to my local grocery store (United, really love that place!)...to pick up a few things for the week...including pork chops for Thursday nights dinner (they have them on sale for $.99 per lb) what did I find.....
Whole Chickens and Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin and whole Chickens marked down to $.99 each...yes I said each not per pound!!! Because I happen to have a large freezer and love a good deal I picked up ten of each!!!! The chickens I will make awesome chicken broth, soup, casseroles and Tool Man's all time favorite Rotisserie Chicken. And the Pork Tenderloin I will either grill, stuff or make medallions!

As my brother says....You're such a nerd! ...I got all excited because I found meat on sale and brought it home and put it in the freezer! But lets do the math folks....each chicken was between $4.25 and $5.25 each....if I had bought them out right I would have spent $48.50. The Pork Tenderloin ranges from$7.50 to $9.....added together it was $84.27. I spent $9.90 on each....
So when you add that all together....I would have spent $132.77.....I spent $19.80....and I saved a whopping $112.97!!! Yeah Me!!!!

Needless to say....On Thursday we will be having some version of Pork Tenderloin instead of the Oven Baked Pork Chops! Hoping you all have a wonderful week! Don't let Monday's get you down!!!

God Bless, Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment