Sunday, January 30, 2011

Menu Plan for 1-30 to 2-5

Well it is the beginning of a new week, and nearly the beginning of a new month. Which means I sat down this weekend and made out my menu plan for the month. Yes I said month...it's really not all that hard if you come up with a system.... I have a list of all the different dishes that I like to make out of a certain type of meat (i.e. ground beef, steak, chicken), then quick and easy meals and meatless (i.e. Beans and cornbread). I have dedicated Fridays be Pizza day and Saturdays are WYCF (whatever you can find). So that really only leaves me 5 days of the week to plan for. I buy groceries 2 weeks at a time and the menus planned for that week are just guidelines for me....if I don't feel like cooking that dish that night I pick a different dish from the menu. I also have meals in the freezer that I make....more details on that in another post. I also have to take into consideration my husbands work schedule that changes every week and sometimes daily.

Another thing that I do that is different....I only PLAN one meal a day. Let me tell you a little about my family. The Tool Man Tim works at least 8 hours a day on rotating shifts...so depending on what shift he is on depends on when I cook that day, when he is working 3pm to 11pm I cook lunch, when he works 7am to 3pm I cook dinner, when he works 11pm to 7am I generally cook dinner and he doesn't eat until right before he goes to work. My daughter, Bear is in 1st grade and normally takes her lunch to school and eats when she gets home from school. Oh and lets not forget my Grandpa...he is 87 years old and my job is to take care of him daily...about all he lives for is to eat...and I have to be careful with him because he is diabetic. Me...now I don't eat very much because I have had gastric bypass and tend to eat like a 2 year old. 

That being said I buy groceries for the meals I have planned, breakfast foods and sandwich fixings. Breakfast is a big deal around here, on just about any day of the week you will find me making sausage, toast and scrambled eggs...that is Grandpa's favorite! I also make pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fried eggs, omelets...you name it! Sandwiches get sent in the Tool Man and Bear's lunches along with leftovers for the Tool Man! So now onto my menu plan for the week!

Sunday
Ham (pan fried), English Peas, Potato Patties and Cornbread

Monday
Beef Stew and Cornbread

Tuesday
Lasagna, Corn on the Cob, Salad, Garlic Bread

Wednesday
Oven Baked Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli and Cheese, Homemade Bread

Thursday
Homemade Pizza and Salad

Friday
Enchilada Dinners (my Lil' Sis sold me tickets to help with her Band Trip)

Saturday
WYCF

Now just so you know I intend on sharing my recipes and how to make the things on the menu....it is just gonna take me a while...so there will probably quite a few posts over the next couple of months. Hopefully I will be able to incorporate my recipes with the other things that I have going on in my life and in my head....I hope everyone has a blessed week and those of you who live close...ya'll stay safe and warm this week!
God Bless, Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment