Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easy Alfredo Sauce

Ahh...now this is truly an easy recipe!!! My 6 year old LOVES Fetticini Alfredo!!! And when I found this homemade EASY recipe on Heavenly Homemakers I knew that it would become one of hers! Bear just loves to help me in the kichen....Mommy has to take a deep breath and pull in a lot of patience to let her help me...but it is always worth the effort! With just a little help from me she managed to make this recipe on her own!

Easy Alfredo Sauce

1/2 cup butter
2 cups cream (we used a pint of half and half)
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Bring the butter, cream, garlic and cream cheese to a boil. Turn down the heat, simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted. Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes until it becomes "thick and saucy" stirring occasionally.

This wonderful recipe can be found on the Heavenly Homemakers site! Laura's recipes are always good!

The Bear and I didn't have any fetticine noodles but we did have some fun wavy spagehtti noodles that worked just fine! She gave it a big thumbs up and ate it three different days till it was all gone!!!

God Bless,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment