Friday, April 29, 2011

Proud Day For My Home Town

Today was a red letter day for my hometown! We were proud to host the First Lady of Texas Anita Perry! She was here to welcome us into the Texas Main Street Program. Something for which our town has been striving!

I was honored to play a small role in welcoming out First lady. I was asked to provide a tray of food for the reception held in Mrs. Perry's honor. After much deliberation and advice from family I decided on a tray of mini muffins. A smaller version of what I normally sell. I made Mini Banana Nut Muffins, Strawberry Nut Muffins and Mini Rolls.

After arranging and rearranging my tray and labeling everything I failed to take a photo....but I am sure that my friends here in our little town will let me know how it all worked out! I also intended on attending the ceremony, but this being Texas...the wind decided to blow all day! And my allergies being what they are ...even stepping outside to water my garden and feed and water the chickens gave me a terrible headache! So I decided that it would be best if baby bump and I just stayed home! I am looking forward to reading a full report in our Sunday's newspaper though!

Linky to Story

Above is a link to the story! Hope you enjoy!
God Bless,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment