Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

MMM...My new favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

I believe they go by the name Neiman Marcus Cookies or Million Dollar Cookies.....but they are basically a Chocolate Chip Cookie with Oats. The oats gives it a really nice texture and some extra nutrients (yeah right we are talking cookies here). The recipe also makes A BUNCH! The recipe that I pulled of the net said that it would make 50-80 cookies which translates into 4-6 dozen....they must be making awlful big cookies because I got 10-13 dozen out of mine! Considering I am making, at last count, 90 dozen cookies this week....yes I am a little nutty! A recipe that makes that many was excellent!

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups butter (I used 1 cup of butter and 1 cup margerine)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
5 cups oatmeal
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
24 oz. Chocolate Chips (two packages)
3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
1 8 oz. chocolate bar (optional)

Bleand oats in food processor or blender until a fine powder. Mix with flour, soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside!
Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips, shaved chocolate and nuts. Roll into balls. (I used my small scoop) Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes @ 375 degrees.

Mama D's Cookie Making Tips

Parchment Paper is awesome! From someone who hates clean up...this makes it easy and one sheet will last until you are done baking!

A small scoop is mandatory in my kitchen....it keeps my cookies the same size...you can use it one handed...and for those cookies you roll into a ball you can get them done up ahead of time, then all you have to do is roll them in sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment