Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond

Well Folks, I love to read! Books have been my constant companion since I was a child. I started out reading Barbara Cartland romances when I was about 10 years old.....and I haven't stopped reading since. I always have a book going! This is my entertainment. Always has been always will be. Considering the volume of books I read on a monthly basis I can't even come close to reviewing them all! However I have recently discovered a fellow blogger, that lives relatively close (shh...don't tell my Daddy she's an Okie!), I have loads in common with and do I wish I were her somedays! Mrs. Ree Drummond with The Pioneer Woman blog.

I saw an article about her in one of the many magizines that my grandmother subscribed too...and began following her blog about a month ago. I have found some fantastic recipes and discovered that she has also written a novel! A Love Story no less!

Now I have many avenues for obtaining books (we will save that for another post)...and I very rarely purchase a hardback....but while shopping at Wal-Mart today I found a copy of her book! I was so excited I bought it! I have spent the last three hours reading ....and I can already tell I am gonna love it! It even has recipes in the back!!!!!

I can already tell this is gonna be one that I am gonna pass on and let my Momma read! It is funny, interesting and I can't put it down....I mean this girl is always getting herself into a pickle and trying to hide it from her take charge cowboy! She has already cooked him two gourmet meals...to a meat and potatoes Cowboy!!!! I am sorry but this Texas Country Girl knows that fancy pasta and meatless dishes just don't work with the men bred in this area of the world. I can't wait to find out what she gets up to next!

I won't ruin the story but I would recommend this book! And Momma I will be passing this along just as soon as I get it read....shouldn't take long!

No comments:

Post a Comment