Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pork Tenderloin

Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Baked Potatos, Corn, Broccoli and Cheese
Now doesn't that just look yummy???? My family thought it did! Can you tell we like cheese??

This pork tenderloin was easy to make and you can put whatever side that you want with it.

Now if you have never cooked pork tenderloin before please listen carefully....toward the fat end of the tenderloin (normally come two to a package) there is this white shiney layer of something, sometimes it is covered by a thin layer of fat. You want to very carefully trim that off. You can't chew it, it makes it hard to cut the meat...it is just generally unneccessary. So take a thin knife (I find a filet knife works best), start at the narrow end and just shave it off.

Ok...that is the only difficult part of preparing pork tenderloin. I placed mine in my favorite meat marinade (post on that at a later date) in a ziploc bag for about 30 minutes while I did my dishes (my never ending task).

Potato Bag
Now before I started my meat I placed my potatos that have been scrubbed in this potato bag....now for those of you that have never heard of these, they are really nifty!!! You can place potatos, corn on the cob, tortillas, etc. in this little bag and cook it in the microwave. You don't have to poke holes or use paper towels or come out with that potato that is all dry and shriveled at one end...they are really cool and such a time saver!!! If you would like one let me know....I know where to get them...or how to make them for that matter!

Cast Iron Grill Pan
Now this is something I would like to have!!! I borrowed this one from my Momma to try it out on this recipe and can I say I LOVE IT!!!! It is literally like having a grill on my cooktop...so very neat since I love to grill in the summer time! The only thing that would have made this the perfect pan was if it had come with a lid to trap all that wonderful heat!!!

I heated my grill pan, till it was piping hot...about 10 minutes on medium low heat! Then I seared each side of my pork for about 5 minutes each. I then placed both of the pork tenderloin in a 9x13 casserole dish and baked it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

After removing it from the oven I let the meat rest for about 10 minutes.
Sliced Pork Tenderloin

I sliced mine about 1/2" thick....that gave the four of us 3 to 4 sliced each...which is a generous portion. I only used one of my tenderloins...the other I wrapped in foil and refrigerated, for another meal...probably some kind of stir fry tommorrow! If you remember I found this Pork Tenderloin on sale on Monday for $.99 each...what a bargin that I get more than one meal off this fantastic bargin!!!

God Bless,
Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment