Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good Eats Pancakes

Once upon a time I had Dish Network with it's plethora of channel choices, 24 hour cartoons for my child, DVR for recording my shows....you know all those little luxuries in life! Now I have a Digital converter with about 6 stations, a DVD player and two ancient VCR! The point.. I used to love watching the Food Network! Good Eats with Alton Brown was possibly my favorite show of all times....I learned so much from my main man Alton!!! He reminded my of my high school science teacher who put onions in liquid nitrogen one day and threw it at our feet where it shattered like glass!

One of my favorite Good Eats recipes is Pancakes! Oh they are sooooo very good! My hubby eats them with out syrup! They are light and fluffy and so very good! Mmmm...we have eaten them two days in a row!

Now of course I have altered the recipe just a bit...not really anything earth shattering...just skipped some steps to make it easier to put together!

Good Eats Pancakes

The Mix (I make up a batch and store it in Tupperware in the cabinet!)
6 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar

Whisk together!

Pancakes

4 tblsp. melted Butter
2 eggs
2 cups of buttermilk (use the real stuff folks...it makes a difference!)
2 cups of The Mix

Place The Mix into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients! Whisk together until dry ingredients are wet. This should be lumpy....if you over mix trying to make it smooth the pancakes won't be fluffy. Also resist stirring your mixture as you make your pancakes...Alton explained it all and I have experimented with this...and he is so right!
Heat a skillet over medium heat! When hot, rub with butter...it should bubble!
Pour batter into pan and let cook till bubbles start to pop on top of batter. Flip and cook thoroughly!
Serve warm with butter and syrup!
Yield-6 pancakes

God Bless, Mama D

No comments:

Post a Comment