Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies....I have always liked peanut butter cookies but have never really found a recipe I liked.....well I finally found one! And it is surprisingly similar to a chocolate chip cookie recipe! These turned out just perfect! I made a quadruple batch today....26 dozen cookies! Whew!

This recipe averages 6-7 dozen cookies per recipe!

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup Butter (I used 1/2 butter 1/2 margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter until soft and creamy, then add both sugars. Add eggs and beat well. Add peanut butter and mix well. Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Blending well. Roll into small balls (I used my handy dandy small scoop) Flatten with fork in a criss cross manner. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Mama D's Tips

Before baking check the expiration date on your baking soda and baking powder. That has ruined more bacthes of cookies than I can count in this house. That is until I finally figured out what was wrong. They both have an active shelf life of about 6 months...so if you are not sure....buy new!

No comments:

Post a Comment